Screen-Free Activities for Kids- Activity #39.
Making a Mickey Mouse Mask.
Huska, Muska Mickey Mouse…!!!
There is something truly magical about Mickey Mouse. This weekend we were invited for a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party where Rockstar truly enjoyed and had a blast.
In the whole bunch of return gifts he got from there, there was one Mickey Mouse face mask which didn’t let him see through it.
With all this going on we decided to make one. Yes, a customized face mask for him.
– Happiness is handmade.
– Tracing improves hand and eye co-ordination.
– Decorating the mask enhances creativity.
– Nothing like spending time with your little ones in a fun and exciting way and creating beautiful memories.
– Using scissors improves dexterity.
– Improves fine and gross motor skills which play a major role when they grow up.
Activity # 40
Paper Plate Christmas Tree
There is something truly magical about Christmas..!!!
Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride on one horse open sleigh
Christmas is one of our favorite holidays and we carry beautiful memories of this holiday season from Seattle.
Kids used to make their own gingerbread man, Santa gift exchanges and much more.
Continuing our traditions here in Bengaluru as well.
We haven’t put out our tree yet!
Rockstar worked on his paper plate Christmas tree.
Making Arts and Crafts is always fun and there is nothing like hand-made decorations for this holidays.
– Enhances creativity.
– Working with scissors improves dexterity.
– Introduction to fractions, each paper plate cut into quarters.
– While placing the ornaments on the tree, we talked about creating patterns, symmetrical arrangements and different ways to decorate and make it beautiful.
Featured Image Source: Pixabay.com
Author: Gayathri Vamsi, Founder of Buzzing Bees
Buzzing Bees is an Afterschool Enrichment Program founded by Gayathri Vamsi. Their center is located in Bangalore. Their motto is “Paata is Aata, Aata is paata”, meaning, “Learning is like a Game and Games have a lot of Learning”
Gayathri is passionate about Kids Education and Activities that offer a constructive and effective learning environment for kids. As a mother of two young boys, she is constantly learning different ways of creatively engaging them in activities where they learn, grow and enjoy doing that, at the same time. She homeschooled her kids when she lived in the US. Buzzing Bees is a venture where Gayathri extends her passion to become available to the community.