Naan – Khatai is an easy to make snack and is best to be had at tea time!
- Unsalted Butter – 1 stick at room temperature
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Semolina(Rava)-2 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Pistachio- chopped 1/2 cup
Method Of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 150 degrees C for 10 mins before keeping tray inside.
- In a bowl, sift All Purpose Flour with Baking Powder and Salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar (little at a time) with the softened butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add Nutmeg Powder and Cardamom Powder and mix well.
- Combine Flour mixture with semolina in butter-sugar mixture to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough into 16 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball, press little between your palms to give it a round shape like a “patty” and place on a cookie sheet.
- Leave ample space between dough balls. Press some chopped pistachio on each ball gently.
- If you wish, you can give criss-cross shape with the help of knife or toothpick on top of each Naan-Khatai.
- Bake on the middle rack for 22-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let the naan khatai cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
You may also like an alternate recipe for Naan-Khatai made with Ghee, Maida and Besan.
Author: Gayatri Jagdale.